At least 25 people were taken ill due to suspected food poisoning during a wedding feast in Ratanpuri village here.

Representational image.

At least 25 people were taken ill due to suspected food poisoning during a wedding feast in Ratanpuri village here.The incident occurred yesterday when the victims consumed ‘gajar ka halwa’ at a wedding function organised by Kan Singh, police said today.They later complained of headache, vomiting and stomach cramps following which they were rushed to a hospital.Samples of the food consumed at the function have been collected for investigation, police said.

Continued: 

25 taken ill after consuming food at wedding in Muzaffarnagar