A special court has let off a man, who allegedly impersonated as four different persons while standing as additional surety for two accused in 2G spectrum allocation case, with a warning to be careful in future.

A special court has let off a man, who allegedly impersonated as four different persons while standing as additional surety for two accused in 2G spectrum allocation case, with a warning to be careful in future.The court’s warning came after the man tendered an apology for his “inadvertent mistake”.Vijender Sharma, who had stood as additional surety for accused Asif Balwa and Karim Morani when they were allowed to visit abroad by the court, said that it was an inadvertent mistake “committed due to phonetics in pronouncing his name”.<!– Dna_Article_Middle_300x250_BTF –>Defence counsel Vijay Aggarwal assured the court that they would be careful in future and the lapse be condoned.”In view of the reply as well as the submissions made at the bar and the forgiveness sought by the applicant, the unconditional apology tendered by him (applicant) is accepted and he is let off with warning to be careful in future,” special CBI judge O P Saini said.The court also discharged Sharma as additional surety and said that three fixed deposit receipts furnished by him be also returned.On October 28, the court had sought an explanation from Sharma for his act.It had said that Sharma had stood as additional surety for Balwa, facing trial in two separate 2G scam cases, when he was allowed to go abroad on October 17 but had furnished surety bond in the name of Vijender Kumar Sharma in both the matters.The court said that similarly, he also stood as additional surety for Morani when he was permitted to go abroad and furnished surety bond in the name of Vijender Kumar Sharma.Morani, Balwa and others, including former Telecom Minister A Raja and DMK MP Kanimozhi, are facing trial in the 2G spectrum case.Balwa and Morani, along with others, are also accused in a 2G scam-related alleged money laundering case probed by the Enforcement Directorate The court is hearing final arguments in the 2G case probed by CBI in which Raja, Kanimozhi and 15 others are accused.Besides them, former telecom secretary Siddharth Behura, Raja’s erstwhile private secretary R K Chandolia, Unitech Ltd MD Sanjay Chandra, Swan Telecom Pvt Ltd promoters Shahid Usman Balwa and Vinod Goenka, and three top executives of Reliance ADAG — Gautam Doshi, Surendra Pipara and Hari Nair, are also facing trial in the case.The other accused in the case are Kalaignar TV Director Sharad Kumar and Directors of Kusegaon Fruits and Vegetables Pvt Ltd Rajiv Agarwal.Three telecom firms — Reliance Telecom Ltd, Swan Telecom Pvt Ltd and Unitech Wireless (Tamil Nadu) Ltd — are also accused in the case.All the accused have denied allegations levelled against them by CBI.Similarly, ED had listed in a charge sheet Raja, Kanimozhi and 17 others, including Balwa and Morani, in a separate case.ED had on April 25 last year filed a charge sheet against these 19 accused under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA).

Read this article:  

2G case: Court lets off man with warning on impersonation